Job Title: Employed Intern
Working For: Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP (Staffordshire Moorlands)
Location: Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: 6 months
Karen Bradley is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Intern to join her constituency team based in her Leek office in the Staffordshire Moorlands. The position can be part-time or full-time, to start in September.
• Basic administrative support.
• Assisting/learning how to manage casework.
• Learning/assisting in appropriate research.
• Learning/assisting in drafting responses to constituents.
• Assisting with policy correspondence.
• Opening, handling and actioning correspondence.
• A strong academic background to A’ level standard preferably including English and Politics.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an attention to detail.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative and Unionist Party.
Please note that the position is for Karen's Leek office and not Westminster.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 September 2021
Interview Dates: To be confirmed. Appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Start Date: September 2021
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Rebecca Kirby at email@example.com