CONSERVATIVE PARTY MANIFESTO 2019
If there is a majority of Conservative MPs on 13 December, we will get our new deal through Parliament. We will get Brexit done in January and unleash the potential of our whole country.
- Extra funding for the NHS, with 50,000 more nurses and 50 million more GP surgery appointments a year.
- 20,000 more police and tougher sentencing for criminals.
- An Australian-style points-based system to control immigration.
- Millions more invested every week in science, schools, apprenticeships and infrastructure while controlling debt.
- Reaching Net Zero by 2050 with investment in clean energy solutions and green infrastructure to reduce carbon emissions and pollution.
- We will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance.
If Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour and Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP team up and take control on 13 December, we will have two referendums on Brexit and Scottish independence in 2020.
Here are some other key commitments:
- Cutting taxes for working people by raising the National Insurance Contributions threshold, saving 31 million taxpayers around £100 next year. Our ultimate ambition is to raise the threshold to £12,500 – which would put almost £500 in people’s pockets.
- Supporting working parents with a £1 billion boost for childcare to increase the availability of after school and holiday childcare.
- Ending unfair hospital car parking charges to support our fantastic NHS staff on night shifts, as well as disabled and terminally ill patients and their families.
- Investing in clean energy to protect our planet and create more jobs – £9.2 billion to make our homes, schools and hospitals more energy efficient, £1 billion extra to expand the electric vehicle charging network, increasing offshore wind capacity and £800 million to establish Carbon Capture and Storage clusters.
- Improving infrastructure across the country with £2 billion for the biggest ever pothole-filling programme.
- Giving individuals and businesses the right to re-train with £3 billion for a new National Skills Fund.
- Supporting small businesses – by cutting and reforming business rates, increasing the employment allowance, as well as the Building and Structures allowance.
- Launching the fastest ever increase in domestic public research and development spending in British history – doubling R&D spending so that it reaches £18 billion in 2024-25.
- Protecting our environment – with a £640 million Nature for Climate fund, 30,000 more trees planted every year, as well as a £500 million Blue Planet Fund to protect our precious oceans, and banning exporting plastic waste outside the OECD.
Please support me, Karen Bradley, your Conservative Candidate on 12th December so our country can move on instead of going backwards.