I am delighted that Biddulph Town Council have set up an initiative with Bieruń Town Council in Poland to help the many Ukrainian refugees they have there.
Following calls between the Mayor of Biddulph, Cllr Sylvia Rushton and her opposite number in Bieruń, Krystian Grzesica, together with myself and Polish Senator Gabriela Morawska-Stanecka, we now have a list of goods that are urgently needed in Bieruń.
I know that the people of Biddulph will do all they can to help so if you do have anything to donate that is on the list, please deliver to the Town Council who will organise transport once we have a good collection.
Thank you to Sarah Haydon, from Biddulph Town Council for organising.
●hygiene articles (sanitary napkins, tampons)
● cleaning products (liquid soaps, toothpastes, shampoos)
● wet wipes
● towels (paper and cotton);
● warm blankets, sheets, pillows, bedding
● women's and children's underwear (necessarily new - panties, socks, T-shirts)
● food with a long shelf life
● first aid kits, first aid kits
● bandages, dressings
● strong self-adhesive plasters
● wound disinfectants
● fire extinguishers
● extension cords
● lamps (especially rechargeable lamps)
● candles and matches